Food Train Connects provides a one to one grocery shopping services for older people who are no longer able to manage independently, through age, ill health, frailty or disability.
Becoming a Food Train Connects Shopping Friend is rewarding and it makes a huge difference to people’s lives. It’s amazing the impact that regular support with grocery shopping can have on someone who is isolated or lonely. If you want to make sure that an older person is able to live well in their own home this is a great opportunity to do so.
• Contact the older person you are matched with on a regular basis, usually weekly, to obtain their shopping list, carry out their shopping and then deliver to their home, putting away if necessary.
• Submit brief records, receipts for payment and to report any matters of concern to staff
• Keep within the boundaries of the role
• To inform Food Train Connects Staff of any accidents, incidents or complaints
• To maintain confidentiality
• To represent Food Train in a professional manner to our members and the wider community
All help makes a real difference and is greatly appreciated.
If you are interested in volunteering with us/for more information please visit https://www.foodtrainconnects.org.uk or email email@example.com
Food Train is a registered charity, voluntary organisation and social enterprise. Since 1995 Food Train has been making daily life easier for older people, providing vital services to those who are no longer able to manage independently, through age, ill health, frailty or disability. Food Train makes hundreds of grocery deliveries every week, with the help of dedicated local volunteers, ensuring those most in need have access to fresh groceries.
Minimum age: 16
This opportunity is also advertised across Moray.