Becoming a gallery volunteer is an exciting opportunity to support the exhibitions at The Park Gallery, Callendar House and share your passion for the arts.
We’re inviting volunteers to help us engage our visitors with this special exhibition.
Artful is an exhibition which will feature work by contemporary artists from the local area, across Scotland and the UK. All work will be for sale and available to take away. It will provide an opportunity for our visitors to see and purchase new work of the highest standard.
Gallery volunteers will meet and greet visitors to this exhibition and provide informal tours or information about the artists and their work.
They will liaise with Callendar House shop staff to help visitors to the gallery purchase work form the exhibition.
As a volunteer you will add that extra spark to this exciting new exhibition and contribute to enhancing our visitors’ experience at Callendar House.
The role will involve:
•Interaction with visitors to the temporary exhibition spaces, providing information on the exhibition and the artists involved.
•Supervising work on display.
•Providing and sharing information about the exhibition, Callendar House and upcoming events/exhibitions.
By Volunteering you will:
• Have the opportunity to develop skills in teamwork, communications as well as build your confidence.
•Gain experience in a museum/visitor attraction/customer service environment.
• Meet like minded people.
• Be able to share your passion for art and craft.
• Contribute to your local community cultural/museum services.
Falkirk Council provides all local government services for the Falkirk Council area. Falkirk Council's aim is to improve the quality of life for local people by working with all communities, sectors and groups to deliver high quality services which area accessible, accountable, responsive and provide value for money.
Experience required: • Experience of presenting to/engaging with visitors/customers.
• Ability to gauge visitor interest and engagement with the exhibition in order to balance the levels/depths of communication.
• Happy to communicate with all ages of visitors and adjust communication accordingly to suit visitor interest/age.
• Happy to work within a team of volunteers and communicate with a wider team of staff at Callendar House via face to face
Travel details: This role will take place at The Park Gallery ,Callendar House, Falkirk.
Minimum age: 16
Expenses details: Travel expenses will be provided up to an amount of £2.40 per volunteer shift.
Support: Wheelchair Access/Disabled Access Toilet
This opportunity is not listed at a specific location but is advertised across Falkirk.