Would you like to support older people in the community to eat well, age well and live well and maintain their independence in their own homes for as long as they're able?
Are you friendly, sociable and patient with a caring manner?
Our Shopping Companion role could well be the opportunity for you!
You would carry out the following tasks:
· Collect an older person from their home on agreed date and time to take them for their grocery shopping.
· Support them as they do their grocery shop and transport them back to their home, helping unpack shopping if required.
· To report back to Food Train Connects team and complete all required documentation after each trip.
· To report any matters of concern to Food Train staff
· To inform Food Train Staff of any accidents, incidents or complaints
· To maintain confidentiality
· To represent Food Train in a professional manner to customers and the wider community
A fantastic opportunity to help make a real difference. All volunteers are greatly appreciated.
If you are interested in volunteering with us/for more information please email: email@example.com
Further details are also available on our website at www.foodtrainconnects.org.uk
Food Train is a registered charity, voluntary organisation and social enterprise. Since 1995 Food Train has been making daily life easier for older people, providing vital services to those who are no longer able to manage independently, through age, ill health, frailty or disability. Food Train makes hundreds of grocery deliveries every week, with the help of dedicated local volunteers, ensuring those most in need have access to fresh groceries.
Must have a driving licence and use of a suitable vehicle.
Minimum age: 16
Expenses paid: Yes
Expenses details: Approved out of pocket expenses e.g.: car mileage etc. are reimbursed.
Support: Named Contact For Volunteer
This opportunity is also advertised across Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire.