To support hospital staff to enhance patient experience within a palliative care setting.
Core Duties include:
· To listen to and talk with patients and assist them with reading newspapers and correspondence.
· To help ward staff with provision of refreshments for patients and visitors, as required.
· To wear an ID badge at all times while on duty.
· Respecting confidentiality, maintaining the persons dignity and comply with the NHS Tayside Confidentiality Policies.
· To comply with NHS Tayside volunteering policies and guidelines.
· To be aware of and comply with NHS Tayside policies relevant to the role eg Health & Safety, Infection Prevention Control, Social Media etc.
· To feed back any concerns regarding the wellbeing of patients to nursing staff in the first instance.
· To attend mandatory training as required.
These are the primary core duties of a Ward Visitor Volunteer, however certain activities can be changed or amended to suit requirements, under the supervision of the Senior Charge Nurse or Voluntary Services Team.
Roxburgh House provides palliative care for those with a life limiting illness.
Travel details: Roxburghe House
Expenses paid: Yes
Expenses details: Travel expenses reimbursed.
Support: Named Contact For Volunteer
This opportunity is not listed at a specific location but is advertised across Dundee.