To support staff to enhance patient and visitor experience by providing a tearoom service at Kingsway Care Centre
Core Duties Include:
· Providing refreshments for patients and visitors attending the Centre.
· Ensuring the tearoom is left tidy with all flasks, crockery, cutlery and supplies cleared away at the end of the day.
· Liaising with the Clinical Nurse Manager regarding the purchase of additional supplies.
· Ensuring any donations received are passed on to the Clinical Nurse Manager to record.
· To wear an ID badge at all times while on duty.
· Respecting confidentiality, maintaining the persons dignity and comply with the NHS Tayside Confidentiality Policies.
· To comply with NHS Tayside volunteering policies and guidelines.
· To be aware of and comply with NHS Tayside policies relevant to the role eg Health & Safety, Infection Prevention Control, Social Media etc.
· To feed back any concerns regarding the wellbeing of patients to nursing staff in the first instance.
· To attend mandatory training as required.
These are the primary core duties of a Tearoom Hospitality Volunteer; however certain activities can be changed or amended to suit ward requirements, under the supervision of the senior member of staff.
Roxburgh House provides palliative care for those with a life limiting illness.
Expenses paid: Yes
Expenses details: Travel expenses reimnbursed.
Support: Named Contact For Volunteer
This opportunity is not listed at a specific location but is advertised across Dundee.