We would like a volunteer to provide administrative support to the Tullos Community Garden project. This is an opportunity to contribute to the development of a community garden that has been up and running for almost 5 years. We need support to continue to develop the garden and its range of benefits for the wider community. Increase access to gardening and growing opportunities for the urban community in Torry, contributing to the health and wellbeing of residents.
If you are task-oriented, enjoy customer service, and like working in a friendly environment then volunteering in an administrative capacity may be a good fit for you. Support and supervision will be provided by our Volunteer Coordinator and the rest of the project committee. We are always happy to provide references for our Volunteers and where possible advise on future career paths.
In addition, you will have the opportunity to have your say and become an active member of the garden committee.
*Role of volunteer:
• To provide administrative support to the Tullos Community Garden Project
• General duties including word-processing, photocopying, e- mailing. Sending letters.
• To undertake administrative duties in relation to the recruitment, training and general support of volunteers where required.
• To help maintain the volunteer contacts information, including data input and analysis.
• Assist with sourcing funding and submitting funding applications.
• To help maintain garden supplies.
• To support the organisation with volunteering/family/public events.
• Assisting with hospitality for visitors to the garden.
• Communicating by telephone and email with a wide range of people.
• Assisting the project in maintaining efficient, accurate and confidential records.
• Minute taking and circulation for garden committee meetings where required. Attend Garden Group meetings.
• Help distribute promotional material and social media/publicity to the local community.
• Completing tasks assigned by your supervisor.
• Supporting the project’s values.
• Improving the overall workings of the project.
• To work alongside other volunteers.
• To liaise with the Tullos Community Garden Project and CFINE and highlight any issues that may require extra support.
Flexible depending on your availability. Your tasks will be completed remotely and at the CFINE offices, and sometimes at the community garden.
A fantastic opportunity to help with a wonderful community garden. All help makes a real difference and is greatly appreciated.
For further details please contact Rebecca Dunn, Community Growing Development Worker at email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: 07588471390.
CFINE improves health and well-being and the environment, tackles poverty and builds resilience through a range of support and services for and with disadvantaged, vulnerable, low-income individuals, families and communities in NE Scotland.
Travel details: Where possible, if you need to travel to get to a volunteering site, we will reimburse travel expenses incurred.
Your tasks will be completed at the Tullos Community Garden, and sometimes remotely or at the CFINE offices.
Minimum age: 18
Expenses paid: Yes
Expenses details: Any relevant out of pocket expenses are re-imbursed. We pay public transport rates or pence per mile.
Support: Named Contact For Volunteer,
Wheelchair Access/Disabled Access Toilet
This opportunity is also advertised across Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire.