ANGUSalive Sport & Leisure team support the development of new sport and play programme for children with and without disabilities ages 2 to 5 and 6 to 12years looking at motor, social, emotional and learning skills, sports readiness and acceptance.
As a volunteer within the team you will develop relationships with colleagues within ANGUSalive and partners across the Angus community and the wider sector to develop the sports and play programme.
• Assist with the planning, development and delivery of a new young athlete programme to facilitate participation for all
• Coach recruitment & development
• Partnership working
• Promotion of programme
• Monitor & evaluate programme
What will volunteers gain:
What will the volunteer gain from this:
• Enhance personal, social and skill development
• Gain experience of working with children
• Opportunity to develop programme planning experience
ANGUSalive is the culture, sport and leisure trust for the county of Angus and has been operating since December 2015. The charity is ambitious and aims to provide the best services for its customers. ANGUSalive offers residents and visitors to Angus a wealth of services which are ‘changing lives by inspiring healthy, active and creative lifestyle choices’ through the use of its sports centres, country parks, theatres and venues, museums, galleries, archives and libraries.
6-7.30pm at Forfar Community Campus
Experience required: • Friendly, enthusiastic and willing to work with children
• A passion for sport & leisure
• Be person centred
• Good communication skills
• Self motivated
• Be organised and have good time management
• Ability to work as part of a team
Minimum age: 16
Named Contact For Volunteer
This opportunity is not listed at a specific location but is advertised across Angus.