• You will be picking up young people and driving them to the group; Supporting staff to plan & undertake activities; Supporting youth group sessions; Supporting young people’s sense of belonging and connection; helping to build children and young people’s confidence and self esteem; Being a positive role model
• Skills Required:
• Full/Clean Driving License
• Experience of working with children – (not essential)
• A knowledge of issues affecting Care Experienced children and young people
• Ability to work well with children and young people
• Good communication and listening skills
• To have a good value base, be open minded and level-headed
• Ability to encourage and motivate children and young people to participate in activities
We are looking for volunteers who can provide a strong foundation to help strengthen their communities by helping Care Experienced children and young people engage in activities to build their skills and confidence and to be included, understood, respected, and valued in their communities.
The Youth Work Volunteer role will assist in providing and supporting activities for young people, providing supportive adults to ensure all children and young people can thrive and bring communities together. This role will involve driving young people to and from their group to ensure transportation is not a barrier o young people connecting to their group.
This role will involve interacting with primary aged young people through supporting and leading on a variety of activities e.g. arts/crafts/general youth work at our fortnightly sessions as well as at our National events that happen throughout the year.
Who Cares? Scotland is a people organisation. We invest in our people, our relationships and in a positive working culture. It’s important to us that our volunteer team is included, involved and motivated to change society.
We aim to recruit people with excellent qualities from a wide variety of backgrounds who share in our mission. We particularly welcome applications from individuals with care experience.
What will I be doing?
- Picking up young people and driving them to the group and taking them back home.
- Involved in the project from the planning stages and building the team
- Supporting staff to plan & undertake activities
- Supporting youth group sessions
- Leading on activities & planning
- Supporting young people’s sense of belonging and connection
- Building community ties, ensuring Care Experienced people are welcomed within communities
- Helping children and young people to have fun
- Building children and young people’s confidence and self esteem
- Being a positive role model
What skills can I bring to this role?
- Full/Clean Driving License
- Experience of working with children (Not essential)
- A knowledge of issues affecting Care Experienced children and young people
- Ability to work well with children and young people
- Good communication and listening skills
- Ability to encourage and motivate children and young people to participate in activities
What qualities do I need?
- To have a non-judgemental approach to people, have empathy
- Be enthusiastic, flexible, and committed
- Reliable and approachable
- Friendly, helpful, and understanding
- Reliability and a commitment to treat all information in a confidential manner
- To have a good value base, be open minded and level-headed
When will I be needed?
- Fortnightly groups
- Crafty Foxes meets every second Tuesday 5pm – 6.30pm (8-12 years) Picking young people up will start from 4pm.
- Bellshill (picking up in North Lanarkshire Area)
What will I gain from the role?
- A sense of satisfaction in helping children and young people build their confidence and self-esteem to achieve their full potential
- Practical experience of working with children and young people
- Experience to get back into the workplace or education
- Have fun!
What support will I be given?
- Induction and child protection training
- Role specific training
- Expenses – all out-of-pocket expenses will be reimbursed
- Supervision and support from your manager / coordinator
Calling All Volunteering Heroes: Join Our Mission to Brighten Lives!
Are you ready to make a difference in the lives of those who have dedicated their lives to serving our country? Erskine Veterans Charity is searching for compassionate and enthusiastic volunteers to be a part of our impactful volunteering family. Join us as we create moments of joy, connection, and companionship for our esteemed residents.
Why Volunteer With Us?
🌟 Meaningful Impact: Your time and effort will directly contribute to enhancing the quality of life for our veterans. Whether it is supporting activities, offering practical support or simply sharing stories as a visitor or befriender, you will be making lasting memories.
🌼 Fulfilment: There is nothing quite like the feeling of bringing smiles to the faces of those who have sacrificed so much. Your involvement will add purpose and fulfilment to your own life as well.
🤝 Connection: This is an opportunity to connect with veterans, their families, staff, and other volunteers, share experiences, build on your interpersonal skills and build friendships that transcend generations. Your presence will help combat feelings of loneliness and isolation.
🧠 Stimulating Activities: .Our activities programme is as varied as our residents’ interests are. From group outings to creative projects, your ideas and energy will be welcome, and your involvement will keep their hearts and minds active. Help us create an environment where veterans can thrive physically, mentally, and emotionally.
Join Our Team Today!
Step forward and be a part of something truly extraordinary. Erskine is ready to welcome you into our family, where your kindness will ripple through the lives of those who deserve it the most. Together, we can create a haven of happiness and camaraderie.
Be the light that illuminates their days. Join our volunteers and show our veterans the care and respect they have earned. Your time, compassion, and dedication will make all the difference.
Honouring Our Heroes: One Activity at a Time
Ready to Make a Difference? Contact Us:
📞 0141 814 4640
Join Our Team and Be the Heart of Change! 🌟
Position: Fundraising & Events – Events Volunteer
Location: Erskine Edinburgh / Various Community Venues - Scotland Wide
Your Mission: Unite with us to build a Scotland where Veterans and their families thrive. At Erskine, our vision is clear: to offer Veterans their best possible future through the best possible care and community support.
Role at a Glance:
As an Events Volunteer, you'll be at the forefront of generating vital funds to support our Veterans. Your enthusiasm will light up various community settings as you:
📆 Schedule: Coordinate with our fundraising team based on your availability, making this a flexible commitment.
🏢 Event Setup/Clear up: Play a crucial role in setting up and tidying event/venue areas and displays, ensuring everything runs smoothly.
📋 Registration Desk Host: Welcome participants with a warm smile and assist them with registrations.
🛍️ Merchandise Maestro: Show off your sales skills by manning our Erskine-branded merchandise stalls.
🎟️ Raffle Rockstar: Sell raffle tickets and/or collect donations on-site during events.
🚚 Logistics Pro: Help transport goods and resources to and from event venues.
🏃 General Runner: Be the go-to person for various on-the-day tasks that keep the event running seamlessly.
🎉 Event Extraordinaire: If you're up for it, you might even contribute to event entertainment, activities, or event photography to capture the magic.
🤝 Support Ambassador: Provide support, encouragement, and resources to event participants taking on sponsorship challenges.
Length: A minimum of one day.
Weekly Hours: 2-8 hours, depending on your availability. We're flexible to accommodate your schedule.
🌟 Core Induction: Get acquainted with Erskine's history mission and values.
🏛️ Site Briefing: Familiarise yourself with the event location and role tasks.
🤝 Optional Fundraising Session: Enhance your fundraising knowledge to learn re our targets and how our money is spent on veterans
Diversity and Inclusion:
Erskine welcomes individuals from diverse backgrounds and ethnicities, aged 14 and above. You don't need prior experience; our training program will support you every step of the way.
Skills and Attributes:
💙 Passion: A deep commitment to supporting Veterans.
🤝 Trustworthiness and Honesty: Essential qualities for our team.
😄 Professional and Friendly: An outgoing manner that engages people.
📜 Adherence to Guidelines: Ability to work within fundraising guidelines.
Requirements and Benefits:
👥 Age Requirement: Must be 16+ for bucket collections unless accompanied by a parent/guardian or volunteering as part of a uniformed group.
🚗 Travel Expenses: Receive reimbursement for out-of-pocket travel expenses, up to £15 per day.
Rewards of Volunteering:
By joining us, you become an essential part of raising funds and awareness for Erskine. You directly contribute to ensuring that our residents receive the quality of care they so richly deserve.
Ready to Enlist for a Cause? Apply Now!
Your dedication can change lives and shape a brighter future for Veterans and their families. Together, we'll make Scotland a place where they truly thrive. Join us today and be the heart of change! 🤝
Ready to Make a Difference? Contact Us:
📞 0141 814 4640
Castle Furniture are looking for delivery drivers to support with the collection of items. This role will involve supporting with the collection of furniture from domestic properties throughout Fife as well as the delivery of items to customers.
Due to insurance purposes, deliver drivers should be over the age of 25 and have no more than 3 points on their licence.
Castle Furniture are looking for Drivers Mate volunteers to support with the collection of items. This role will involve supporting with the collection of furniture from domestic properties throughout Fife as well as the delivery of items to customers.
Would you like to support older people in the community to eat well, age well and live well and maintain their independence in their own homes for as long as they're able?
Are you friendly, sociable and patient with a caring manner?
Our Shopping Companion role could well be the opportunity for you!
You would carry out the following tasks:
· Collect an older person from their home on agreed date and time to take them for their grocery shopping.
· Support them as they do their grocery shop and transport them back to their home, helping unpack shopping if required.
· To report back to Food Train Connects team and complete all required documentation after each trip.
· To report any matters of concern to Food Train staff
· To inform Food Train Staff of any accidents, incidents or complaints
· To maintain confidentiality
· To represent Food Train in a professional manner to customers and the wider community
A fantastic opportunity to help make a real difference. All volunteers are greatly appreciated.
If you are interested in volunteering with us/for more information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Further details are also available on our website at www.foodtrainconnects.org.uk
*Why we want you
At Aberdeen Cyrenians, we are really fortunate to have the support of the local community who donate clothing, food and other goods to support those who are homeless or threatened with homelessness in Aberdeen City and Shire. We need volunteers to help us collect these donations from throughout the community.
*What you will be doing
• Driving the Organisations vehicle
• Collecting donations from drop off points
• Occasionally collecting donations from peoples homes
• Supporting in moving items from different office locations
*The skills you need
• Shares our values and willing to work within our procedures
• Willingness to help
• Positive attitude
• Clean UK drivers license
*What's in it for you
• Learn new skills
• Opportunity to be part of a friendly team
A fantastic opportunity to help. All volunteers make a real difference and are greatly appreciated. For more information please email us at email@example.com
Are you friendly and outgoing? Do you enjoy driving? Would you like the opportunity to work
alongside the Community Services and Inpatient Unit staff to transport patients (and relatives/
carers on occasion)? Then this could be the role for you.
• Driver will collect patient at pre-arrange time from their homes
• Driver will ensure safe transfer into car/Patient Transport Vehicle (PTV) following Moving and
• On arrival at hospice ensure safe transfer from vehicle using appropriate aids if necessary (e.g.
Skills / attributes and/or qualification(s) required:
• Good driving skills is essential
• Use of your own car is essential unless you wish to drive the Hospice (PTV) vehicle only
• Volunteers wishing to drive the Hospice vehicle will be expected to undertake additional driver
training for insurance purposes
• Drivers of the Hospice vehicle must be 21+ for insurance purposes
• Ability to be flexible and adaptable is essential
• Good team working skills are desirable, especially for driving the Hospice vehicle
• Ability to communicate with patients is essential
• A sensitive, caring manner and an understanding of the importance of boundaries and
confidentiality are essential
• Volunteer drivers must hold a full driving licence appropriate for the type of vehicle being driven
and have a minimum of 2 years driving experience
• Volunteers using their own car are required to provide copies of their car insurance and MOT
certificates (where applicable). We may contact your car insurance provider to advise them
you’re using your car for voluntary purposes - for more information about this, see
• Volunteer drivers will be expected to be physically fit and their suitability will be governed by their
ability to meet the health and capability requirements of the DVLA as you may be required to
assist patients in and out of your vehicle.
• Meet the requirements of a PVG Disclosure check
Do you like driving and chatting to people? Would you like to help someone get to their important appointments with ease? Are you willing to go the extra mile? We’d love to hear from you if you are interested in becoming a volunteer driver for our community transport service in Inverness