We are looking for volunteers who can provide a strong foundation to help strengthen their communities by helping Care Experienced children and young people engage in activities to build their skills and confidence and to be included, understood, respected, and valued in their communities.
The Youth Work Volunteer role will assist in providing and supporting activities for young people, providing supportive adults to ensure all children and young people can thrive and bring communities together. This role will involve driving young people to and from their group to ensure transportation is not a barrier o young people connecting to their group.
This role will involve interacting with primary aged young people through supporting and leading on a variety of activities e.g. arts/crafts/general youth work at our fortnightly sessions as well as at our National events that happen throughout the year.
Who Cares? Scotland is a people organisation. We invest in our people, our relationships and in a positive working culture. It’s important to us that our volunteer team is included, involved and motivated to change society.
We aim to recruit people with excellent qualities from a wide variety of backgrounds who share in our mission. We particularly welcome applications from individuals with care experience.
What will I be doing?
- Picking up young people and driving them to the group and taking them back home.
- Involved in the project from the planning stages and building the team
- Supporting staff to plan & undertake activities
- Supporting youth group sessions
- Leading on activities & planning
- Supporting young people’s sense of belonging and connection
- Building community ties, ensuring Care Experienced people are welcomed within communities
- Helping children and young people to have fun
- Building children and young people’s confidence and self esteem
- Being a positive role model
What skills can I bring to this role?
- Full/Clean Driving License
- Experience of working with children (Not essential)
- A knowledge of issues affecting Care Experienced children and young people
- Ability to work well with children and young people
- Good communication and listening skills
- Ability to encourage and motivate children and young people to participate in activities
What qualities do I need?
- To have a non-judgemental approach to people, have empathy
- Be enthusiastic, flexible, and committed
- Reliable and approachable
- Friendly, helpful, and understanding
- Reliability and a commitment to treat all information in a confidential manner
- To have a good value base, be open minded and level-headed
When will I be needed?
- Fortnightly groups
- Crafty Foxes meets every second Tuesday 5pm – 6.30pm (8-12 years) Picking young people up will start from 4pm.
- Bellshill (picking up in North Lanarkshire Area)
What will I gain from the role?
- A sense of satisfaction in helping children and young people build their confidence and self-esteem to achieve their full potential
- Practical experience of working with children and young people
- Experience to get back into the workplace or education
- Have fun!
What support will I be given?
- Induction and child protection training
- Role specific training
- Expenses – all out-of-pocket expenses will be reimbursed
- Supervision and support from your manager / coordinator
Get ready for Halloween in Paisley, where gothic creatures and macabre masterpieces await… Paisley Halloween Festival is one of the biggest and best of its kind in the UK and this year has the theme of ‘Gothic Halloween’
Halloween team is looking for digital media and photography volunteers to capture and showcase live performances and visitor experience at the Paisley Halloween Festival.
Halloween Digital Media and Photography Volunteer brief:
The Digital Media ,Photography Volunteer will be expected to have a creative approach to capture high-definition images at the event.
The Digital Media , Photography Volunteer will be expected to liaison with the Council Events Team and Events Volunteer Coordinator throughout; Images captured during the event will be reviewed and signed off by the Council’s Events Team.
This is a great opportunity for volunteers to build on their portfolio. Selected images might be presented to the public on various social media platforms and council channels.
All images posted will be credited to the Photography Volunteer.
All images should be in high resolution, landscape and portrait orientation and be suitable for export to the following social media platforms :
You are passionate about photography
Know how/ able to use photo/image editing software
Use your creativity and skills to produce great quality images
Have a keen eye for detail
Good communication skills
Enjoy working with public
Desirable skills for the role:
Interest in events and community development
Highly motivated ,able to work as part of the team
Positive with can do attitude
Calling All Volunteering Heroes: Join Our Mission to Brighten Lives!
Are you ready to make a difference in the lives of those who have dedicated their lives to serving our country? Erskine Veterans Charity is searching for compassionate and enthusiastic volunteers to be a part of our impactful volunteering family. Join us as we create moments of joy, connection, and companionship for our esteemed residents.
Why Volunteer With Us?
🌟 Meaningful Impact: Your time and effort will directly contribute to enhancing the quality of life for our veterans. Whether it is supporting activities, offering practical support or simply sharing stories as a visitor or befriender, you will be making lasting memories.
🌼 Fulfilment: There is nothing quite like the feeling of bringing smiles to the faces of those who have sacrificed so much. Your involvement will add purpose and fulfilment to your own life as well.
🤝 Connection: This is an opportunity to connect with veterans, their families, staff, and other volunteers, share experiences, build on your interpersonal skills and build friendships that transcend generations. Your presence will help combat feelings of loneliness and isolation.
🧠 Stimulating Activities: .Our activities programme is as varied as our residents’ interests are. From group outings to creative projects, your ideas and energy will be welcome, and your involvement will keep their hearts and minds active. Help us create an environment where veterans can thrive physically, mentally, and emotionally.
Join Our Team Today!
Step forward and be a part of something truly extraordinary. Erskine is ready to welcome you into our family, where your kindness will ripple through the lives of those who deserve it the most. Together, we can create a haven of happiness and camaraderie.
Be the light that illuminates their days. Join our volunteers and show our veterans the care and respect they have earned. Your time, compassion, and dedication will make all the difference.
Honouring Our Heroes: One Activity at a Time
Ready to Make a Difference? Contact Us:
📞 0141 814 4640
Join Our Team and Be the Heart of Change! 🌟
Position: Fundraising & Events – Events Volunteer
Location: Erskine Edinburgh / Various Community Venues - Scotland Wide
Your Mission: Unite with us to build a Scotland where Veterans and their families thrive. At Erskine, our vision is clear: to offer Veterans their best possible future through the best possible care and community support.
Role at a Glance:
As an Events Volunteer, you'll be at the forefront of generating vital funds to support our Veterans. Your enthusiasm will light up various community settings as you:
📆 Schedule: Coordinate with our fundraising team based on your availability, making this a flexible commitment.
🏢 Event Setup/Clear up: Play a crucial role in setting up and tidying event/venue areas and displays, ensuring everything runs smoothly.
📋 Registration Desk Host: Welcome participants with a warm smile and assist them with registrations.
🛍️ Merchandise Maestro: Show off your sales skills by manning our Erskine-branded merchandise stalls.
🎟️ Raffle Rockstar: Sell raffle tickets and/or collect donations on-site during events.
🚚 Logistics Pro: Help transport goods and resources to and from event venues.
🏃 General Runner: Be the go-to person for various on-the-day tasks that keep the event running seamlessly.
🎉 Event Extraordinaire: If you're up for it, you might even contribute to event entertainment, activities, or event photography to capture the magic.
🤝 Support Ambassador: Provide support, encouragement, and resources to event participants taking on sponsorship challenges.
Length: A minimum of one day.
Weekly Hours: 2-8 hours, depending on your availability. We're flexible to accommodate your schedule.
🌟 Core Induction: Get acquainted with Erskine's history mission and values.
🏛️ Site Briefing: Familiarise yourself with the event location and role tasks.
🤝 Optional Fundraising Session: Enhance your fundraising knowledge to learn re our targets and how our money is spent on veterans
Diversity and Inclusion:
Erskine welcomes individuals from diverse backgrounds and ethnicities, aged 14 and above. You don't need prior experience; our training program will support you every step of the way.
Skills and Attributes:
💙 Passion: A deep commitment to supporting Veterans.
🤝 Trustworthiness and Honesty: Essential qualities for our team.
😄 Professional and Friendly: An outgoing manner that engages people.
📜 Adherence to Guidelines: Ability to work within fundraising guidelines.
Requirements and Benefits:
👥 Age Requirement: Must be 16+ for bucket collections unless accompanied by a parent/guardian or volunteering as part of a uniformed group.
🚗 Travel Expenses: Receive reimbursement for out-of-pocket travel expenses, up to £15 per day.
Rewards of Volunteering:
By joining us, you become an essential part of raising funds and awareness for Erskine. You directly contribute to ensuring that our residents receive the quality of care they so richly deserve.
Ready to Enlist for a Cause? Apply Now!
Your dedication can change lives and shape a brighter future for Veterans and their families. Together, we'll make Scotland a place where they truly thrive. Join us today and be the heart of change! 🤝
Ready to Make a Difference? Contact Us:
📞 0141 814 4640
Would you like to support someone through their cancer journey?
Tayside Cancer Support offers a free, confidential, one-to-one befriending service for those affected by cancer in the Tayside area and help establish support groups which offer a valuable network for people facing a diagnosis of cancer either themselves or in a loved one. In addition, we provide specialist Mindfulness courses for anyone affected by cancer.
Our volunteers are the key to the Charity’s success. Everyone has skills that can be put to good use! If you think you’d like to get involved whether with our fundraising activities and events; getting involved with hospital visits or within our drop in support groups, we would love to have a chat with you.
Join us in our 3rd year of our GEF Safari Series running events and fun days in Aberdeen.
We are looking for volunteers to help on the event days to help us run the schedules smoothly. We need people for marshalling, entry table, finishing area and even a face behind favourite animal mascots who make an appearance on the day to make the kids smile!
Forthcoming events you can volunteer at include:
•November 12th 2023
"Prime Four 3k"
Prime Four Business Park, Kingswells
VOLUNTEER TIMES - 9am to 11.30am
Relevant guidance and excellent support is provided to all volunteers. Induction to Volunteers will be given at the start of each event by the race director and charity founder, Myles Edwards. Support throughout the day’s events will be on hand from Kayleigh Paterson-Donald the charity's events lead.
Fantastic, enjoyable opportunities to assist and be part of major events in Aberdeen. All help makes a real difference and is greatly appreciated.
For more information please contact Kayleigh Paterson-Donald, Charity Development Executive at email email@example.com or telephone: 01224 531084.
Join the Asthma and Allergy Foundation: Make a Difference!
Are you passionate about improving the lives of individuals affected by asthma and allergies? Do you want to make a meaningful impact within your community? Look no further! The Asthma and Allergy Foundation is seeking dedicated volunteers like you to join our mission and help us create a healthier, more informed world.
The Asthma and Allergy Foundation is a leading nonprofit organisation committed to advocating for individuals with asthma and allergies. Our goal is to enhance the quality of life for those affected by these conditions by providing education, support, and resources. We work tirelessly to raise awareness, promote research, and advocate for policies that improve access to proper care and treatment.
By joining our team of volunteers, you will have the opportunity to make a genuine difference in the lives of individuals with asthma and allergies. Here are some of the exciting and rewarding volunteer roles available:
• Education and Outreach: Help us spread awareness and knowledge about asthma and allergies by organising and participating in community outreach events, workshops, and educational campaigns. share your expertise and empower others to manage their condition effectively.
• Fundraising and Events: Assist us in organising fundraising events, such as charity walks, runs, and galas. Contribute your creative ideas, communication skills, and organisational talents to make these events successful and impactful.
• Support Groups: Provide emotional support and guidance to individuals and families affected by asthma and allergies. Facilitate support group meetings, offer resources, and create a safe space for sharing experiences and coping strategies.
• Advocacy: Be a voice for change by engaging in advocacy efforts at local, regional, and national levels. Help us advocate for policies that improve access to quality healthcare, promote allergen safety, and ensure the rights of individuals with asthma and allergies are protected.
• Volunteer Receptionist/Administration Assistant: Providing support to the administration team, answering phone calls and greeting visitors, and helping with general administrative tasks.
*Why Volunteer with Us?
• Make a difference: Your time and skills can have a direct impact on improving the lives of individuals with asthma and allergies.
• Personal growth: Gain valuable skills, knowledge, and experience in healthcare advocacy, community outreach, event planning, and more.
• Join a supportive community: Connect with like-minded individuals who are passionate about making a difference and building a healthier future.
• Flexibility: We offer a variety of volunteer opportunities, allowing you to choose the role that aligns with your interests, skills, and availability.
• Recognition and appreciation: Your efforts will be recognized and appreciated through various means, including certificates, letters of recommendation, and public acknowledgments.
*Join Our Team Today!
If you are ready to make a lasting impact and contribute to the well-being of individuals living with asthma and allergies, we invite you to join our dedicated team of volunteers. Together, we can create a world where asthma and allergies no longer hinder individuals from living their best lives. All help makes a real difference and is greatly appreciated.
For more information please contact Vicki McGrain Rae, Head of Services and Health Promotion at email: firstname.lastname@example.org / telephone: 07967054745 or Stephen Nakote, Finance & Admin Officer at email: email@example.com / telephone: 01224 973001.
As Part Of The Angus Council October Holiday Programme , We Are Looking For Additional Volunteers During The Angus School Holidays (October 2023)
Friockheim Park Community Volunteers Are Offering Stay & Play Sessions
At All These Sessions We Will Be Providing Hot/Cold Drinks & Basic Refreshments To Both Children & Adults.
You Will Be Part Of A Team Of Volunteers Running Each Session Which Will Be Held On A Variety Of Days Throughout The Holidays,
An Enhanced PVG Will Be Required For This Role.
Please See Below Sections With More Information.
We Look Forward To Hearing From You Soon.
Friockheim Park Community Volunteers Have Been Successful In Getting Trees From The Woodland Trust For Planting In & Around Friockheim:
Small Hedge (30 saplings)
Medium Wildlife (105 saplings)
Large Wildlife (420 saplings)
This Will Be A Massive Undertaking & Require Some Extra Help Planting All These Trees!
Tree Delivery Will Be In November 2023, Planting Will Take Place Between Then & March.
Do you have enthusiasm and a passion for working with young people from a variety of backgrounds?
Would you like the opportunity to apply this passion in a meaningful role to launch young people for life, whilst also enhancing your skills, boosting your self-esteem and meeting new people?
The Sea Cadets is the UK’s leading maritime charity and provides a head start in life for young people through nautical adventure and fun. Our volunteers work, both directly with young people and behind the scenes, to help make a positive difference to teenagers who are often struggling in today’s world and their communities.
East Kilbride Sea Cadets are currently looking for enthusiastic volunteers to join their team as Sea Cadet Instructors. We are a long-established Sea Cadet Unit that has provided life-changing opportunities for many young people.
There are free training courses available for you to develop new skills, boost your CV and support you in this role.
The role can be divided between volunteers, so why not come along with a friend and share the experience?
About the Volunteer Instructor role:
Whether you opt to be a uniformed leader, or wear your own clothes, you can be hands-on, teaching cadets. You'll run lessons, activities, games, projects and events that help cadets progress through The Cadet Experience, gaining qualifications and confidence as they go.
Whatever your experience and skills, they could be used to help young people flourish –catering, archery, meteorology, navigation, orienteering, first aid, engineering, photography, marketing, football coaching, IT, social media, finance, minibus driving – there’s no limit. Whatever your interest, you could bring it to the unit.
You could also share your skills out on the water with the next generation, through the opportunity to teach water sports such as kayaking, sailing, powerboating, canoeing, rowing and windsurfing. If you don’t have any water sport qualifications, we’ll provide you with all the equipment, training and opportunity to gain national qualifications with the Royal Yachting Association, for example. All you need is lots of enthusiasm!
About the Volunteer Instructor role:
The tasks of an Instructor include but are not restricted to the following:
· Promoting and safeguarding the welfare of Children and Young People for whom they are responsible.
· Delivering instruction and training to adults and cadets of the Sea Cadets
· Attend a Parade Night Monday 6:00 – 8:30pm or be able to commit to a particular night each week or month.
There are no specific educational or experience requirements for this role; having the right attitude and a passion for improving the lives of young people are the most important things!
If you think the person specification below sounds like you, then please get in touch:
· You are reliable, honest and trustworthy, enthusiastic and keen to learn new things
· You are a good communicator
· You enjoy working as part of a team and will be a positive role model to young people
· Rewarding Role
· Giving young people the best head start in life
· Free or subsided qualifications
· Travel opportunities
Ready to join?
If you think this volunteer role is for you then please do click apply and find out how you can start making a difference or contact the unit directly for more details.
If successful you will need to undergo a F2F interview in the building where we meet, an online induction process and complete a successful PVG application.