Community Outreach Volunteers are responsible for supporting the LGBT+ Outreach Coordinator (LOC) on all events and PR opportunities. This includes working with the LOC by promoting Four Pillars services. Offering advice, guidance and sign posting when attending events and the preparation and execution of one off events such as World Aids Day (this does not include Grampian Pride). Other basic duties include keeping track of attendees, keeping event areas clean and other tasks as set out by the LOC.
No qualifications are needed for this role as full training will be given. A strong outgoing personality is recommended for this role as you will be expected to approach and engage with service users.
Four Pillars will be hosting various events across Moray, including Keith, Dufftown, Forres, Buckie and Elgin. We hold events in coffee shops and libraries and other venues across Moray. We cannot provide transport, but can cover travel expenses. Ideally we are looking for our volunteers to live locally, so they can possibly run the event on their own once they have experience and training.
Do you have spare time and you'd like to give back to the community? Community First are calling out for help. We have various volunteering opportunities for individual
- Grocery Shop Assistant
- Kitchen Help
- Social Media
- Stockroom Assistant
- Clothing Shop Assistant
- General Assistant
Interested and keen to learn more, get in touch for a chat.
How can you help?
We are recruiting a team of Charity Ambassadors to help develop engagement across each Region, to maximise opportunities to raise funds and increase support from the Community. You will be actively involved with The Charity on the ground and play a key role working alongside the Regional Community Fundraisers, as and when required:
Identifying various opportunities in your local area to raise awareness of The Charity & our wide range of Fundraising Campaigns. This could anything from contacting your local supermarket’s ‘Community Champion’ and organising an information stand and bucket collection or supporting a Supporter Group meet up in your area.
Representing The Charity in your area, by undertaking presentations & cheque collections at schools, local companies & community groups
Helping us to recruit new fundraisers and supporting those who are already signed up for a campaign, in your area. For example, attending a local Twilight Walk or promoting The Big Bake to local companies.
What impact will you have?
By amplifying The Charity's voice in your local area, you'll help increase the impact of fundraising campaigns & help grow funds and support us in accelerating a cure for everyone affected by a brain tumour diagnosis.
We’re looking for people who are:
Passionate about the Charity and our vision
Flexible and willing to get involved as and when opportunities arise
Confident and comfortable in undertaking presentations to a wide range of audiences
Skilled at spotting new opportunities to raise awareness and funds
Friendly, approachable and able to communicate at all levels
A team player, who is also able to work on their own initiative
As a means of supporting the work of the club, Fife Steel Basketball Club require an enthusiastic, reliable and hardworking individual to take on the role of Digital Media Volunteer – Promoting the club across a variety of social media platforms.
As part of our involvement in the Young Person Community Leadership Programme we are keen to hear from young people within the age range of 16-25 years.
Typical tasks will involve:
-Assist with creating PR/Social Media campaigns (Website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & Team App)
-Assistance with creation of graphics and design work
-Social media and web research
-Monitoring and reporting of trends and analytics
-Assistance with administration
-Producing exciting video/media content
-Assist with the production of statistical and written reports for committee meetings
Alongside these tasks candidates will be encouraged to develop their own ideas and where possible, create unique content for our social media brands.
Would you like to support someone through their cancer journey?
Tayside Cancer Support offers a free, confidential, one-to-one befriending service for those affected by cancer in the Tayside area and help establish support groups which offer a valuable network for people facing a diagnosis of cancer either themselves or in a loved one. In addition, we provide specialist Mindfulness courses for anyone affected by cancer.
Our volunteers are the key to the Charity’s success. Everyone has skills that can be put to good use! If you think you’d like to get involved whether with our fundraising activities and events; getting involved with hospital visits or within our drop in support groups, we would love to have a chat with you.
Join the Asthma and Allergy Foundation: Make a Difference!
Are you passionate about improving the lives of individuals affected by asthma and allergies? Do you want to make a meaningful impact within your community? Look no further! The Asthma and Allergy Foundation is seeking dedicated volunteers like you to join our mission and help us create a healthier, more informed world.
The Asthma and Allergy Foundation is a leading nonprofit organisation committed to advocating for individuals with asthma and allergies. Our goal is to enhance the quality of life for those affected by these conditions by providing education, support, and resources. We work tirelessly to raise awareness, promote research, and advocate for policies that improve access to proper care and treatment.
By joining our team of volunteers, you will have the opportunity to make a genuine difference in the lives of individuals with asthma and allergies. Here are some of the exciting and rewarding volunteer roles available:
• Education and Outreach: Help us spread awareness and knowledge about asthma and allergies by organising and participating in community outreach events, workshops, and educational campaigns. share your expertise and empower others to manage their condition effectively.
• Fundraising and Events: Assist us in organising fundraising events, such as charity walks, runs, and galas. Contribute your creative ideas, communication skills, and organisational talents to make these events successful and impactful.
• Support Groups: Provide emotional support and guidance to individuals and families affected by asthma and allergies. Facilitate support group meetings, offer resources, and create a safe space for sharing experiences and coping strategies.
• Advocacy: Be a voice for change by engaging in advocacy efforts at local, regional, and national levels. Help us advocate for policies that improve access to quality healthcare, promote allergen safety, and ensure the rights of individuals with asthma and allergies are protected.
• Volunteer Receptionist/Administration Assistant: Providing support to the administration team, answering phone calls and greeting visitors, and helping with general administrative tasks.
*Why Volunteer with Us?
• Make a difference: Your time and skills can have a direct impact on improving the lives of individuals with asthma and allergies.
• Personal growth: Gain valuable skills, knowledge, and experience in healthcare advocacy, community outreach, event planning, and more.
• Join a supportive community: Connect with like-minded individuals who are passionate about making a difference and building a healthier future.
• Flexibility: We offer a variety of volunteer opportunities, allowing you to choose the role that aligns with your interests, skills, and availability.
• Recognition and appreciation: Your efforts will be recognized and appreciated through various means, including certificates, letters of recommendation, and public acknowledgments.
*Join Our Team Today!
If you are ready to make a lasting impact and contribute to the well-being of individuals living with asthma and allergies, we invite you to join our dedicated team of volunteers. Together, we can create a world where asthma and allergies no longer hinder individuals from living their best lives. All help makes a real difference and is greatly appreciated.
For more information please contact Vicki McGrain Rae, Head of Services and Health Promotion at email: firstname.lastname@example.org / telephone: 07967054745 or Stephen Nakote, Finance & Admin Officer at email: email@example.com / telephone: 01224 973001.
Are you a young person (12-25) with existing experience of volunteering? Do you live in South Ayrshire?
Then you might be interested in becoming a Saltire Ambassador!
Our recently formed 'Saltire Squad' are looking for new members to help us 'fly the flag' about volunteering across South Ayrshire. If you are passionate about the benefits and impact of volunteering, then this is the ideal opportunity for you.
You will be a member of a growing group of Saltire Ambassadors who are promoting volunteering and the Saltire Awards in their local communities. This opportunity is flexible to your schedule and your talents - ideal for those in school, college or university. If you sign-up, you will have the opportunity to:
• Plan and attend events across South Ayrshire to promote youth volunteering.
• Create engaging social media content and videos to raise awareness about volunteering and the Saltire Awards.
• Work as part of a team to come up with new and fun ideas for increasing youth volunteering in South Ayrshire.
• Help to plan the Saltire Awards Ceremony - an annual event celebrating the achievements of Saltire Award participants.
• Join a group of young people who are passionate about making a difference in their local community!
All participants will be provided with a mentor for ongoing support as well as access to events, training, and opportunities.
The IT and Technology Support Specialist Volunteer at Mamacita Foundation plays a crucial role in ensuring smooth technology operations and supporting the organization's digital infrastructure. This position involves providing technical assistance to staff and volunteers, troubleshooting issues, and implementing solutions to enhance the foundation's digital capabilities.
• Technology Support: Assist staff and volunteers with technology-related inquiries, including hardware, software, and network issues, to ensure efficient daily operations.
• Troubleshooting: Diagnose and resolve technical problems promptly, employing analytical skills to identify root causes and implement effective solutions.
• System Maintenance: Regularly update and maintain the foundation's hardware, software, and digital systems to ensure they operate optimally and securely.
• Data Security: Implement data backup and security measures to safeguard the organization's information and protect sensitive data from unauthorized access.
• Training and Documentation: Provide training sessions to staff and volunteers on using technology tools effectively. Create and maintain documentation for technology processes and procedures.
• Technology Upgrades: Research and recommend new technology solutions that align with the organization's needs and budget constraints.
• Hardware and Software Setup: Set up and configure computers, printers, and other technology devices as needed for new staff and volunteers.
• Cybersecurity Awareness: Promote cybersecurity best practices among staff and volunteers, emphasizing the importance of data protection and safe online behaviour.
• Technology Planning: Collaborate with the management team to develop and implement technology plans that support the foundation's strategic goals.
• Continuous Learning: Stay up-to-date with the latest technology trends, tools, and best practices to enhance the foundation's technological capabilities.
Join us as an IT and Technology Support Volunteer and be an integral part of the Mamacita Foundation's efforts to create a more inclusive and supportive community in Aberdeen. A fantastic opportunity to help and make a real difference. All volunteer support is greatly appreciated.
As a volunteer with the Mamacita Foundation charity you will be at the forefront of building and maintaining strong relationships with the local community and key stakeholders. We currently have great opportunities to volunteer with us including:
• Community Outreach Volunteers
• Youth Program Volunteers
• Community Engagement Volunteers
• IT and Technology Support Volunteers
• Volunteer Coordinators
• Administrative Assistant Volunteers
• Foodbank Volunteers
Join our volunteer team and be an integral part of the Mamacita Foundation’s efforts to create a more inclusive and supportive community in Aberdeen. A fantastic opportunity to help and make a real difference. All volunteer support is greatly appreciated.
For more details please contact Vivian Draghici, Chief Officer at email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: 07449826988.
Muscular Dystrophy UK (MDUK) is the only charity the UK to provide support to the more than 60 types of muscle-wasting conditions. With 110,000 children and adults affected by this life-limiting condition, it is essential to raise awareness with fundraising groups being a key representative in the community. Our fundraising groups are the local face of MDUK, raising vital funds and constantly raising the profile of the charity so that we can reach more people and their families affected by a muscle wasting condition.
In order to be able to provide everyone the help and support they need; we are asking for your skills and enthusiasm to help us grow our fundraising groups! We need people to join our various groups across the UK and make Muscular Dystrophy UK the best-known local charity!
All help makes a real difference and is greatly appreciated.
For more information please contact Jodie Whitham, Regional Development Manager at email email@example.com or telephone 07771374839.