At Oshay's we would like to improve and increase our online presence. We would like volunteers who are comfortable using social media to get in touch with us and volunteers as a comms volunteer. Responsibilities of this Social Media Volunteer role:
Post daily (or pre-create daily posts) for our social platforms.
Respond to and share posts.
Create and advertise fundraising campaigns on social media.
Work with advisors to develop and implement a social media strategy.
If you’re tech savvy and know your way around eBay; have a keen eye for unusual or sought after collectables then join our volunteering team. Come and be amazed at some of the items that are donated to your local store and strike gold with those rare finds.
We’ve got dedicated eBay resources to help and assist you with this volunteering role. Research the interesting items; package the small items in our eBay boxes and send them off to be sold at our eBay HQ. Every week we’ll send updates about the most unusual and exciting finds we’ve managed to sell though our stores, will your find be the next eBay headliner?
Get the thrill of researching the curious objects and revel in the satisfaction of sitting back and watching the bids role in. Become a mighty keyboard warrior and help raise funds for our lifesaving research into heart disease.
Volunteers will receive a thank you discount of 25% off any donated stock.
Crisis are the national charity for people experiencing homelessness. Each year they directly support thousands of people to rebuild their lives and find safe and stable accommodation. With their independence, knowledge, and integrity, they campaign for the changes to end homelessness for good.
This purpose of this role is to raise awareness about homelessness in the community. You will do this by delivering inspiring talks to varying groups, including schools and scout groups and educating the community about the causes of homelessness, the services that Crisis offers and how individuals and groups can support Crisis through volunteering, fundraising and campaigning. You will be helping us to engage with more people, gain more supporters and achieve their mission to end homelessness.
Volunteers will be given training and support for the role, see below. This is an Ad hoc role. You would be offered community engagement opportunities as they are available.
Since 1963, Hansel has been focused on breaking down barriers faced by people with additional support needs, creating inclusive environments, opportunities, and choices to enable people living in Ayrshire to live independent and fulfilling lives.
They are a leading social care charity with a unique organisational structure placing innovation and passion at the forefront of delivering real change through a range of services and opportunities for the people that they work for.
Hansel are currently looking to recruit 4 new Trustees to join their board. Hansel are looking for Board members with a range of skillsets such as: legal, social care, employability, social enterprise, marketing, public sector commissioning, investment management and fundraising. Hansel welcome applications from individuals with experience of being a carer in any capacity.
If you are interested in working alongside like-minded people looking to enhance life choices for individuals, this could be a great opportunity for you.
Strathclyde 4×4 Response assists numerous organisations during times of difficult driving conditions from delivering meals on wheels to vulnerable people, and helping community nurses visit their patients.
We are the West of Scotland Team of the 4x4 Response Network. We provide experienced volunteer off road drivers to assist the emergency and public services in times of need. The severe winter conditions seen in 2009/2010 and again in 2010/2011 have seen many teams active.
We rely on fundraising to operate our services and we need a volunteer to take care the fundraising side of our operations.
Volunteer Fundraisers can:
- Raise funds for our cause and regularly meet or surpass fundraising targets
- Research and develop fundraising opportunities, including single events and detailed campaigns
- Contact and build relationships with prospective donors
- Set financial targets for fundraising activities, and create strategies for reaching them
- Collaborate with senior leadership and prioritize departmental activities to meet organisational goals
- Research potential donors to gain insight into needs, beliefs and donation habits to understand how to position our organization to them
- Assist in brainstorming and creating new methods to raise funds for our organization
- Use technology and social media where possible to improve fundraising activities
- Assist in planning and coordinating events meant to raise funds and coordinate activities of volunteers related to event planning and execution
- Create marketing materials, like flyers and brochures, to be used for the promotion of events and other fundraising pushes
- Analyze the performance of events and other fundraising activities for effectiveness and to identify areas where money can be saved
- Maintain complete and orderly records of donors and manage regular donor communications
- Build upon existing donor relationships and form new donor relationships on a regular basis
- Collaborate with other organizations and groups within the community to build partnerships and enhance fundraising activities
Are you interested in marketing, website design, journalism, or social media? We are looking for volunteers to join our communications team. Ayrshire South County is now on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, and we are creating a small team to help keep all of our profiles up to date and full of exciting and inspiring content! We also need to design a website for the county! We are looking for 4 volunteers to join the team, share their ideas, and help us to showcase all of the amazing things going on in our county!
What to expect:
- Monthly planning meetings
- Working independently and as part of a team
- A few hours a month commitment
- Develop your marketing and social media skillset
Tasks and skills:
- Learn how to plan social media campaigns and giveaways, how to structure a good post,, and how to use scheduling tools.
- Create engaging social media posts with great photos and graphics
- Help design a brand new website for Ayrshire South
- Help promote and grow Girlguiding at events and online
- Write articles and press releases for local newsletters and papers
We have lots of opportunities for you to get involved with Balmedie Beach Wheelchairs. Our volunteers have a wide variety of roles.
You could be welcoming our wheelchair users and giving advice about the chairs, looking after equipment, keeping the Bunker tidy and decorated, clearing the boardwalk, fund raising, helping administrate the project and lots more.
If you have a morning or afternoon spare that can really help us, and of course you can get more involved if you have more time.
Come and join our friendly group and help keep the beach wheelchairs running. We are always looking for new volunteers.
We are looking for a Graphic Design Volunteer to support our charity in achieving our vision. The purpose of this role will be to help us engage our audiences by creating compelling digital assets for use across our website, social media, and print materials.
What will you be doing?
We are looking for a Graphic Designer to help with our design and creative outputs. Responsibilities may include:
• Brand development including our logo
• Creating image templates for social media
• Info graphics to make our content visually appealing
• Marketing materials such as flyers and business cards
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a volunteer who has experience in graphic design and marketing.
The volunteer should also have/be:
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability to quickly understand the needs of our team / organisation / users
• Can ask key questions to enable us to clarify requirements
• Understands the resource constraints of a small charity and is able to work with these.
• Open to feedback