Across the UK, our 270 local groups play a vital part in supporting people affected by MS. They provide sense of belonging, unity and friendship. And they deliver services and support for their local MS community.
We are looking to recruit a Communications Volunteer for the Lothian-wide Group. As our Communications Volunteer you’ll make sure people know they have a local MS Society group to turn to.
In this role you’ll be able to develop your writing skills, and gain an experience of communicating across a range of digital channels.
We estimate this role will need around 2 hours a week. Our roles are flexible and aim to fit around you. Time commitments for this role may vary depending on your activities. This is an ongoing role.
This is a great opportunity to gain experience within a large charity and develop your existing skills and learn new ones. We need you to get involved and help make positive changes to the lives of people affected by MS.
You’ll have an interest in the MS Society and the work that we do, as well as the enthusiasm to represent both us and our values locally. You will understand the needs of people affected by MS in your area and be sympathetic to the needs and motivations of volunteers. You’ll be confident using Microsoft Office, the internet and email. You’ll be able to apply disability, equality and inclusion practices and understand and apply our risk management system. Ideally you’ll understand the local area and organisations that provide local services.
You will be reliable and easy to contact and you need to live in or near the area the group to carry out this role.
1. Read through the role description carefully
2. Please apply online
The MS Society is committed to promoting diversity. We can only offer roles to over 18s.
We are looking to add to our successful media team. We are ideally looking for a 2nd or 3rd year media studies student as we have a proven track record of giving students vital industry experience before finishing their studies, enabling them to find roles in the media industry as our previous incumbents have. However our team would also be delighted to welcome seasoned Social Media specialists who would be interested in giving back to the local community. All roles are voluntary but offer excellent opportunities as well as fulfilling work.
Activities include (but are not limited to), content for our social media channels, match day updates and the opportunity to commentate on live streams / highlights package, pre and post match interviews with the management team / players, match previews and reports.
Out of pocket expenses will be paid and we’ll kit you out in Rose media wear.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who will help us maintain our social media platforms. This role would include updating our Facebook page with current and upcoming events taking place within the Community Hub. This role may involve photography, interviewing staff, service users and other individuals connected with our services.
Join the Asthma and Allergy Foundation: Make a Difference!
Are you passionate about improving the lives of individuals affected by asthma and allergies? Do you want to make a meaningful impact within your community? Look no further! The Asthma and Allergy Foundation is seeking dedicated volunteers like you to join our mission and help us create a healthier, more informed world.
The Asthma and Allergy Foundation is a leading nonprofit organisation committed to advocating for individuals with asthma and allergies. Our goal is to enhance the quality of life for those affected by these conditions by providing education, support, and resources. We work tirelessly to raise awareness, promote research, and advocate for policies that improve access to proper care and treatment.
By joining our team of volunteers, you will have the opportunity to make a genuine difference in the lives of individuals with asthma and allergies. Here are some of the exciting and rewarding volunteer roles available:
• Education and Outreach: Help us spread awareness and knowledge about asthma and allergies by organising and participating in community outreach events, workshops, and educational campaigns. share your expertise and empower others to manage their condition effectively.
• Fundraising and Events: Assist us in organising fundraising events, such as charity walks, runs, and galas. Contribute your creative ideas, communication skills, and organisational talents to make these events successful and impactful.
• Support Groups: Provide emotional support and guidance to individuals and families affected by asthma and allergies. Facilitate support group meetings, offer resources, and create a safe space for sharing experiences and coping strategies.
• Advocacy: Be a voice for change by engaging in advocacy efforts at local, regional, and national levels. Help us advocate for policies that improve access to quality healthcare, promote allergen safety, and ensure the rights of individuals with asthma and allergies are protected.
• Volunteer Receptionist/Administration Assistant: Providing support to the administration team, answering phone calls and greeting visitors, and helping with general administrative tasks.
*Why Volunteer with Us?
• Make a difference: Your time and skills can have a direct impact on improving the lives of individuals with asthma and allergies.
• Personal growth: Gain valuable skills, knowledge, and experience in healthcare advocacy, community outreach, event planning, and more.
• Join a supportive community: Connect with like-minded individuals who are passionate about making a difference and building a healthier future.
• Flexibility: We offer a variety of volunteer opportunities, allowing you to choose the role that aligns with your interests, skills, and availability.
• Recognition and appreciation: Your efforts will be recognized and appreciated through various means, including certificates, letters of recommendation, and public acknowledgments.
*Join Our Team Today!
If you are ready to make a lasting impact and contribute to the well-being of individuals living with asthma and allergies, we invite you to join our dedicated team of volunteers. Together, we can create a world where asthma and allergies no longer hinder individuals from living their best lives. All help makes a real difference and is greatly appreciated.
For more information please contact Vicki McGrain Rae, Head of Services and Health Promotion at email: email@example.com / telephone: 07967054745 or Stephen Nakote, Finance & Admin Officer at email: firstname.lastname@example.org / telephone: 01224 973001.
Your role as the Food Pantry Customer Assistant is to help customers who come into the Food Pantry, offering information and assistance as they are enquiring, browsing or purchasing food.
Our Food Pantry is the first one in South Ayrshire based in Ayr Town Centre. A Pantry is a membership scheme aimed at helping people make their money go further by reducing their food shopping bills and providing advice and support.
Local Pantries mean people can bring down their food shopping bills, and access good food, whilst freeing up more money for other essentials and enabling tight budgets to stretch a little further. A Pantry offers dignity, choice, community and food quality.
Your role will be to assist new and current members learn about the Pantry and do their shopping. We will give you full training on how it works, equipment used, systems to follow etc. You will always be volunteering as part of a team of volunteers with a staff team leader present.
As there will be a café on the premises, there will be an opportunity to benefit from Barista training.
DUTIES: The role of the Food Pantry Customer Assistant will be as follows:
• Assist customers to the Pantry, engaging in conversation
• Offer information on how the Pantry works
• Offer signposting to other services where necessary
• Operate till with cash / card handling
• Restock and rotate shelves and fridges as required
• Clean and sanitise according to guidance
• To commit to a minimum of 3.5hrs per week
Do you have spare time and you'd like to give back to the community? Community First are calling out for help. We have various volunteering opportunities for individual
- Grocery Shop Assistant
- Kitchen Help
- Social Media
- Stockroom Assistant
- Clothing Shop Assistant
- General Assistant
Interested and keen to learn more, get in touch for a chat.
How can you help?
We are recruiting a team of Charity Ambassadors to help develop engagement across each Region, to maximise opportunities to raise funds and increase support from the Community. You will be actively involved with The Charity on the ground and play a key role working alongside the Regional Community Fundraisers, as and when required:
Identifying various opportunities in your local area to raise awareness of The Charity & our wide range of Fundraising Campaigns. This could anything from contacting your local supermarket’s ‘Community Champion’ and organising an information stand and bucket collection or supporting a Supporter Group meet up in your area.
Representing The Charity in your area, by undertaking presentations & cheque collections at schools, local companies & community groups
Helping us to recruit new fundraisers and supporting those who are already signed up for a campaign, in your area. For example, attending a local Twilight Walk or promoting The Big Bake to local companies.
What impact will you have?
By amplifying The Charity's voice in your local area, you'll help increase the impact of fundraising campaigns & help grow funds and support us in accelerating a cure for everyone affected by a brain tumour diagnosis.
We’re looking for people who are:
Passionate about the Charity and our vision
Flexible and willing to get involved as and when opportunities arise
Confident and comfortable in undertaking presentations to a wide range of audiences
Skilled at spotting new opportunities to raise awareness and funds
Friendly, approachable and able to communicate at all levels
A team player, who is also able to work on their own initiative
As a means of supporting the work of the club, Fife Steel Basketball Club require an enthusiastic, reliable and hardworking individual to take on the role of Digital Media Volunteer – Promoting the club across a variety of social media platforms.
As part of our involvement in the Young Person Community Leadership Programme we are keen to hear from young people within the age range of 16-25 years.
Typical tasks will involve:
-Assist with creating PR/Social Media campaigns (Website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & Team App)
-Assistance with creation of graphics and design work
-Social media and web research
-Monitoring and reporting of trends and analytics
-Assistance with administration
-Producing exciting video/media content
-Assist with the production of statistical and written reports for committee meetings
Alongside these tasks candidates will be encouraged to develop their own ideas and where possible, create unique content for our social media brands.
Would you like to support someone through their cancer journey?
Tayside Cancer Support offers a free, confidential, one-to-one befriending service for those affected by cancer in the Tayside area and help establish support groups which offer a valuable network for people facing a diagnosis of cancer either themselves or in a loved one. In addition, we provide specialist Mindfulness courses for anyone affected by cancer.
Our volunteers are the key to the Charity’s success. Everyone has skills that can be put to good use! If you think you’d like to get involved whether with our fundraising activities and events; getting involved with hospital visits or within our drop in support groups, we would love to have a chat with you.
Are you a young person (12-25) with existing experience of volunteering? Do you live in South Ayrshire?
Then you might be interested in becoming a Saltire Ambassador!
Our recently formed 'Saltire Squad' are looking for new members to help us 'fly the flag' about volunteering across South Ayrshire. If you are passionate about the benefits and impact of volunteering, then this is the ideal opportunity for you.
You will be a member of a growing group of Saltire Ambassadors who are promoting volunteering and the Saltire Awards in their local communities. This opportunity is flexible to your schedule and your talents - ideal for those in school, college or university. If you sign-up, you will have the opportunity to:
• Plan and attend events across South Ayrshire to promote youth volunteering.
• Create engaging social media content and videos to raise awareness about volunteering and the Saltire Awards.
• Work as part of a team to come up with new and fun ideas for increasing youth volunteering in South Ayrshire.
• Help to plan the Saltire Awards Ceremony - an annual event celebrating the achievements of Saltire Award participants.
• Join a group of young people who are passionate about making a difference in their local community!
All participants will be provided with a mentor for ongoing support as well as access to events, training, and opportunities.