Volunteers are an integral part of Strathmore Cricket Club and as such are actively looking for Bar and Hospitality Volunteers within the following roles:
- Bar Convener
- Bar staff/glass collectors
- Sponsorship hosts/ambassadors
- Tea & coffee assistant
Do you have a few hours to spare and are looking to gain some experience in hospitality? Want to get involved in social events and can see yourself in this role? Strathmore Cricket Club would love to hear from you!
A volunteer adviser provides information and advice to members of the public in person or by telephone.
This role includes acting on behalf of clients, interpreting information to allow clients to make informed decisions, talking to other organisations and being part of busy team.
Citizens Advice Bureau has a computerised information system and case recording system. Angus CAB (SCIO) has offices in Arbroath, Montrose and Forfar. We provide an extensive training programme with opportunities to specialise after completion of training and ongoing support. If you have good communication skills, empathic and are able to use a computer please contact us on 01241 870661 ext 221 for more information.
Volunteers are essential to the running of Strathmore Cricket Club enabling children, young people and adults to get involved whilst increasing the participation in this great sport.
Do you have skills in any of these areas and want to help a local sports organisation provide sports and social opportunities for people of all ages? There are various roles that you can get involved in as a Governance & Administration Volunteer:
- committee member
- finance and general administration
- volunteer coordinator
- outreach/business development and sponsorship
An interest in finance, administration and organising events would be a real bonus in this role so if you would like to help out, get in touch.
Strathmore Rugby Club are looking for a Membership Secretary to join their committee in order to sustain existing membership and to increase social and gym memberships. As a committee member you will play in active role in the continuation of the club and its growth within the community.
Events Volunteers will help promote club facilities as a venue for parties, meetings and hospitality events. Main role will include marketing the club facilities, identifying potential interested people, liaising with the community and create a calendar of social events for members.
Main roles include developing a culture of participation and collaborating with other sports clubs to create community events.
As with many of the roles participating in various fundraising activities to help ensure the future development and long-term security of the club would also be of benefit.
As Volunteer Coach, the main role is:
• to provide support to the coaches and players delivering parts of the session, teaching skills on a 1:1 or small group basis
• to support integration of new players
• assisting the coaches to prepare the pitch for the session and to clear the
pitch at the end of the session;
• encouraging the participation of the players by taking part in all activities
and showing players how to participate;
• leading parts of the session including warm-up, agility, skills and games
with direction from the coaches;
• supporting the integration of new players according to their needs;
• engaging with the families and encouraging them to feel part of the club;
• following all policies and procedures including the Code of Conduct for
Volunteers and supporting the players to understand the policies and
procedures as they apply to them;
• taking part in the break rota, helping to set up the break area and ensuring
that it is cleaned up afterwards;
• participating in various fundraising activities to help ensure the future
development and long-term security of the club.
If you are looking to gain experience within the catering field, Strathmore Rugby Club are looking for a Catering Volunteer. Specific tasks include preparation of food, serving visitors food and clearing away left overs as well as keeping kitchen clean and tidy.
A fantastic opportunity to become involved in a local community trust 'Strathmore Rugby Club' promoting, developing and maintaining our online presence in order to maximise our impact and to promote ourselves as widely as possible to the local community.