ANGUSalive’s BE ACTIVE…Live Well (BALW) programme provides suitable, agreed exercises or physical activity sessions that support people to manage their own physical and mental health conditions along with a focus on prevention and recovery.
You will work alongside the Health & Wellbeing Co-ordinator, Health & Wellbeing Advisors, specialist exercise instructors, health walk leaders and local stakeholders including Health Care Professionals (HCP).
• Provide support for the Health & Wellbeing Advisors, specialist exercise instructors and HCPs during physical activity sessions e.g., circuit classes, seated exercise, strength & balance, gym sessions, aqua aerobics, and health walks
• Provide meaningful interaction with class participants encouraging and enabling them to do the exercises prescribed to them in a safe manner
• Help participants with equipment as required e.g., setting up weight machines in the gym
• Engage with participants following sessions where tea/coffee is provided (where applicable)
What will volunteers gain:
What will the volunteer gain from this:
• The opportunity to develop interpersonal skills
• The opportunity to gain knowledge and understanding of the benefits/implications of physical activity in long term conditions populations
• Improved confidence in working with specialist populations
• Make a real difference to the lives of people living with mental or physical health conditions
Dates-n-Mates is a friendship and dating agency for adults with learning disabilities. We run lots of social events and activities, helping people to meet others and to build friendships and relationships. Our work is underpinned by a human rights-based approach. We believe it is people’s right to live life free of discrimination and to develop friendships and relationships of their choosing, to love and be loved.
We are looking for a fun and friendly volunteer 1 day a week for a period of 8 - 12 weeks to create a structured filing system on Microsoft 365 Application, SharePoint. We are a small team so we need someone in the know to help us build a more efficient and streamlined filing system.
Dates-n-Mates offer a variety of training and support to our volunteers.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who will help us maintain our social media platforms. This role would include updating our Facebook page with current and upcoming events taking place within the Community Hub. This role may involve photography, interviewing staff, service users and other individuals connected with our services.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who will help us maintain our garden and surrounding areas. We are looking to grow our own plants and vegetables to be utilised within the Community Hub and the Garnock Valley Community. This role would see the volunteer supporting service users with garden projects as well as lone working.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who is willing to drive our transportation to enable service users to access the wider community. Additionally, there are opportunities to help us deliver community meals to the vulnerable within the Garnock Valley. The driver would be responsible for collecting provisions for the meal.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who is willing to work as part of a team providing high quality assistance and support to a variety of individuals including adults with learning and physical disabilities. The Volunteer Support Assistant will assist the Support Workers and other team members with the Service Programme and any other activities which make take place during operational hours
Befrienders help a person we support build their confidence and participate in social activities within their community. This may include going for walks, participating in clubs or classes together, or attending Equal Future’s monthly social events.