Skilz is a non-profitable charity, and our mission is to enhance the lives of individuals and communities by providing a diverse range of opportunities, which promote Health and Wellbeing for all.
Our Glow Sports program launched in Arbroath in 2018 and was run in partnership with Active Schools Angus to offer FREE UV sports sessions to primary aged children. Following the success of The People's Project campaign, we secured funding to continue to expand our GLOW sessions within our area. Alongside our work in schools, our funding has allowed us to provide FREE Glow Sports activities in partnership across Angus.
Our sports coaches plan and deliver exciting multi-sport sessions that can be completed in the dark with the use of UV lights. Travelling between Dundee and Angus areas to provide these fun sessions for all children.
What can you expect to be doing?
• Setting up and taking down equipment
• Session Planning
• Delivering sessions
• Interacting and befriending with the children
• Completing risk assessments
We are looking for someone with
• With experience in DJing or music
• A friendly and outgoing personality
• Good communicational skills
• Good organisation skills
• Suitable IT skills
• Preferably has a driving license (not necessary)
We ask for a flexible commitment throughout the week. Most sessions last 1 hour. However, there may be more than 1 session at a time. Time for travelling is also considered.
Skilz will provide any necessary support or training that is needed for this role so that volunteers can feel confident and happy when volunteering with us.
Volunteering at Glow has several benefits for you including:
• The opportunity to work with different children
• Meeting new people and making new friends
• Being part of a team of Sports Coaches
• Developing new skills
• Enhancing your coaching ability
• Expanding your knowledge of Charity work
Please contact Lauren Simpson on 07535396523 for more information.
Volunteers play a vital role within GCBN. We currently have over 40 fully-trained volunteer responders working across Grampian to support bereaved children and their families.
If you live within Highland, are over the age of 18 and eligible to join the PVG Scheme and would like to help a bereaved child as they come to terms with the loss of a loved one then we’d love to hear from you!
Take a look at the role descriptions below to see which of the two options are most appropriate to your interests and skills and if you feel you would could join our team, then please get in touch!
Volunteer Responders: Our trained volunteers receive referrals and visit families within their own homes to provide appropriate support and guidance to the families this can include direct work with the young person/s involved.
Our After School Club is currently open to children who go to school in Douglas (Dundee). We need positive and enthusiastic people to help us make it happen.
Volunteers’ main tasks are:
• Befriend the children - the strength of relationships we build with the children is key to our success. We need committed people who love being around children, cope well under pressure and who have a good sense of fun.
• Support the musicians in sessions – volunteers make a huge difference by encouraging children to concentrate and join in. You will be a strong role model to support them to learn..
• Help with set up and tidying away – getting the right instruments and the right chairs in the right place…
• Supervise children on the walk from their school to the club – chat with children and ensure they arrive safely. Be with them during snack time, hearing about their day.
We are non-profit-making-volunteer run Arts Collective and charity providing a platform both online and offline for those who struggle with mental health, addiction, gender dysphoria, sexuality, feel like they don't quite 'fit', or feel estranged to this world ,We encourage you to express yourselves through art as catharsis. Combining Art & Catharsis, we believe in being CathARTic.
We are looking for Online Outreach Volunteers who will respond to our members in either a live chat (booked in advance) or by email. You should be compassionate and insightful.
You will also give positive and encouraging feedback on the creative posts from our members.
We are also looking for someone to lead the team should you be interested.
If you are interested please apply in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you.