Do you have spare time and you'd like to give back to the community? Community First are calling out for help. We have various volunteering opportunities for individual
- Grocery Shop Assistant
- Kitchen Help
- Social Media
- Stockroom Assistant
- Clothing Shop Assistant
- General Assistant
Interested and keen to learn more, get in touch for a chat.
Lone working in the shop. Able to open and close shop. Handling cash and card payments.
Rotational basis to cover 7-day opening 10.30 to 4.40 or 2-3 shifts to cover opening hours.
Customer service. Pricing as outlined by the shop team. Display and merchandising (may include transferring items from one display to another). Stock control.
The RAF Association is a member-led, welfare charity that exists to ensure that all members of the RAF community are supported, when they require it. Volunteering for the RAF Association is a great way of developing your skills and meeting new people, at the same time as supporting members of the RAF community in your local area who need your help.
A Caseworker is someone who volunteers for the Royal Air Force Association gathering information, asking questions and completing necessary forms and by doing so, you will make a real difference. You will also work closely with the Area Welfare Officer to complete each case successfully.
For more information, please contact us at email email@example.com or you can call us for a chat about the role on telephone: 0800 018 2361. Further details are also available at: https://rafa.org.uk/give-support/volunteering/
Clachworks is opening a tool library which will allow members of the public to access a variety of tools at an affordable cost. This will also extend the life of the tools, meaning less tools are sent to landfill. Through the tool library we can reduce the overall consumption and waste of goods and facilitate a transition to a circular economy. We have a lot of tool donations coming in and we need qualified PAT testers to ensure the safety of the tools before we loan them to the public. There is the potential for this to become a paid role. We are also recruiting tool repair and maintenance technicians.
We require around 4 hours or more volunteering per week
Together we can help people facing poverty all over the world – all from right
here, in this very shop. Join our friendly team as an Oxfam Volunteer and you’ll
find yourself at the heart of your community, making amazing things happen.
What Oxfam does
Oxfam is a movement of people from around the world who won’t live with
poverty. We have two key aims:
Responding to emergencies happening in the world now, giving vital
support to people facing poverty due to conflict, climate change and
Empowering communities to challenge and change systems that promote
inequality, so together we can beat poverty for good.
Oxfam shops have been fundraising to support Oxfam’s work since 1947,
raising millions every year to support people facing poverty.
What you will be doing
It’s up to you! Why not try a bit of everything?
Sorting donations including checking and pricing
Serving customers on the till
Create stylish window displays
Keeping the shop fully stocked
Stocktake and other admin tasks
Keeping the shop clean and tidy
Helping donors as they come in
The skills you need
Helpful and friendly
Happy to be part of a team
Excited to learn new skills
What's in it for you
Some lunch and travel costs
Improve skills and boost your CV
Grow your confidence and meet new people
We can be flexible around your education, family, work, or health etc.
Possible references for future employers
Listening volunteers are there for anyone who needs support. Every year, they spend over one million hours responding to calls for help and they can change the course of someone’s life. Join the Samaritans Email Hub and be part of our mission to provide support, hope, and encouragement to those who need it most. https://www.samaritans.org/scotland/samaritans-in-scotland/about-samaritans-scotland/west-highland-skye-project/volunteering-opportunities-west-highlands-and-skye/
We are recruiting in Lochaber, Wester Ross, Skye and Lochalsh
Citizens Advice Bureau - Inverness, Badenoch & Strathspey
If you are looking for a new challenge, have life or work skills you wish to put to good use & you’re interested in helping others in your community consider becoming a Volunteer General Adviser or Volunteer Receptionist. If you're interested and/or would like more information just get in touch with us for a chat or to ask for our volunteer application pack. We provide full training and support.
Volunteer receptionists are currently wanted for Wednesday/Thursday/Friday afternoons. Full training given, expenses paid. Call Polly for more details 01463 219743.
If you’re good with people and willing to learn, you might be just the person for our Retail Team. Here’s what that means:
• making sure all items in the shop look spotless
• sorting through and organising stock
• dealing with customers’ queries and being New Start’s friendly face
• handling cash and working on the till
In return you’ll have a cracking team to work with, lots of upskilling and training opportunities… and you will make a difference in your community.
• We are looking for volunteers, who have a warm, friendly, and welcoming manner, who have good organisational and communication skills and lots of patience, to join our team.
• We are establishing a food pantry that will respond to local need to address poverty.
• Families/individuals who use the pantry will become members of the Pantry and in exchange for a small fee, they will be able to choose goods to take away.
• It is essential that all times, that we provide a welcoming atmosphere where customers feel safe to use the service that we provide.
• Your role will also include stock management, identifying gaps in stock and contributing ideas to make this service work for the community that it serves.
The IT and Technology Support Specialist Volunteer at Mamacita Foundation plays a crucial role in ensuring smooth technology operations and supporting the organization's digital infrastructure. This position involves providing technical assistance to staff and volunteers, troubleshooting issues, and implementing solutions to enhance the foundation's digital capabilities.
• Technology Support: Assist staff and volunteers with technology-related inquiries, including hardware, software, and network issues, to ensure efficient daily operations.
• Troubleshooting: Diagnose and resolve technical problems promptly, employing analytical skills to identify root causes and implement effective solutions.
• System Maintenance: Regularly update and maintain the foundation's hardware, software, and digital systems to ensure they operate optimally and securely.
• Data Security: Implement data backup and security measures to safeguard the organization's information and protect sensitive data from unauthorized access.
• Training and Documentation: Provide training sessions to staff and volunteers on using technology tools effectively. Create and maintain documentation for technology processes and procedures.
• Technology Upgrades: Research and recommend new technology solutions that align with the organization's needs and budget constraints.
• Hardware and Software Setup: Set up and configure computers, printers, and other technology devices as needed for new staff and volunteers.
• Cybersecurity Awareness: Promote cybersecurity best practices among staff and volunteers, emphasizing the importance of data protection and safe online behaviour.
• Technology Planning: Collaborate with the management team to develop and implement technology plans that support the foundation's strategic goals.
• Continuous Learning: Stay up-to-date with the latest technology trends, tools, and best practices to enhance the foundation's technological capabilities.
Join us as an IT and Technology Support Volunteer and be an integral part of the Mamacita Foundation's efforts to create a more inclusive and supportive community in Aberdeen. A fantastic opportunity to help and make a real difference. All volunteer support is greatly appreciated.