Friends of Hillcrest is a charity group ran by many volunteers to support Hillcrest Care home in Girvan.
We also look for volunteers to support our residents at the care home. Friendly faces visiting our older residents on a regular basis at a time that is convenient to both the resident and yourself. You could sit down with a tea and chat about your lives, or maybe a chat while you play cards.
As a volunteer, you can be the vital link between the resident and the outside world. You can really make a difference, with the residents having something to look forward to.
Experience required: - Good listening skills
- Patience, empathy, and understanding of the needs of older people
- Ability to keep records of visits made
- Flexible, reliable, and punctual
- A clear sense of personal boundaries and confidentiality
- Able to provide non-judgemental support
- Engage with training and development.
Taster available: Yes
This opportunity is also advertised across South Ayrshire.